23 August 2009
why?
just curious. why is there always a war between the er nurses and the inpatient nurses. i say inpatient because it really isn't limited to just the med-surg floors, but all the units. and the same goes for docs as well. attending docs always seem to have some sort of irritation related to the er/ed, whether it is with the docs or the nurses down there. i don't get it, personally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I see it all the time: ER nurses vs floor nurses or ICU nurses vs floor nurses. Everyone thinks they work harder or than the other.
I just posted about this kind of prejudice that runs rampant among nurses.
I hope you continue to post more often.
yes, there certainly is a type of prejudice present depending upon where you work as a nurse. Truth is we all work hard, sometimes the hardness is just different, whether it is physically or mentally or both. I know we just had a transfer into the ICU who wanted to come in there because we don't work that hard. She got a rude awakening :)
Post a Comment